Three-minute fame

Lately I had an interview with Brian Bienkowski, a staff writer of debt.com.  Brian published an article about me: “After Almost Losing Her Investments, Helen Retired At 49 – Not bad for a person who never heard of a 401(k)”.

I was joking with my family, and called this interview my three-minute fame.

You can see that, Brian’s excellent and professional writing is very different from my amateur mumbling.

Here are the topics Brian covered:

• How I learnt about money management
  • My scary brush with the dot com stock market crash
  • My emotions with the cubicles
  • Finally that’s my two-cents: 3 tips for money
  • And a big picture of me if you want to see if I look like Julia Roberts (just kidding)

I’d like to thank Brian Bienkowski for giving me the chance.

This is a short and extra post.

Everyone has a great weekend!

Oh my gosh!! Congratulations!! That’s so cool!
    Imagine if your old friends in the village saw this!

Is that a picture of you!! 🙂 You look so happy!

Thank you, GYM. Yes, that picture is me, taken in Ashland, Ohio. As I said earlier, I love Ashland, haha.

2. Great interview Helen. I’m glad you side stepped the 2000 stock crash. And understand why you stick to funds now. I’m still a little partial to dividend stocks though. Tom

Thank you, Tom. The 2000 stock crash came so quickly, and hit so hard. I used to be a big risk taker. That could be related to the young age. Now I’m more cautious.

Very cool:) You were a financial adviser for 19 months? I could see myself try something like that:)

Hi Caroline, no, I didn’t get a financial advisor job. That was my wish though. I ended up being a personal banker for 19 months. Trying something totally different is fun.

Yes it would be:)
    I better go back and read the article again, sounds like my reading skills yesterday were missing in action!